Wednesday, April 3, 2013

s.o.a.p Matthew3:1-17



Hi everyone my Name is april and this is my s.o.a.p blog . Now you're wondering what s.o.a.p is or what it stands for ? Well at my church the best way we all know how to study the bible is to s.o.a.p ,this what it stand for:

S. FOR SCRIPTURE

Open your Bible to your reading for the day. Take time reading and allow God to speak to you. When you are done, look for a verse that particularly spoke to you that day, and write it in your journal.

O. FOR OBSERVATION

What do you think God is saying to you in this scripture? Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and reveal Jesus to you.

A. FOR APPLICATION

Personalize what you have read, by asking yourself how it applies to your life right now. Perhaps it is instruction, encouragement, a new promise, or corrections for a particular area of your life. Write how this scripture can apply to you today.

P. FOR PRAYER

This can be as simple as asking God to help you use this scripture, or even a prayer for a greater insight on what He may be revealing to you. Remember, prayer is a two-way conversation, so be sure to listen to what God has to say! Now, write it out.

Today's passage is: Matthew 3:1-17


John the Baptist Prepares the Way

3:1-12pp -- Mk 1:3-8; Lk 3:2-17

1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea 2 and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." 3 This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.' " 4  John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. 5 People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. 6 Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

The Baptism of Jesus

3:13-17pp -- Mk 1:9-11; Lk 3:21,22; Jn 1:31-34

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented. 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.



Scripture: 

    The part of the passage that spoke to me was:

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented

Observation & Application:

  what thing the lord was saying to me:

He wants me to get baptized... again . Let me explain I was brought up  catholic and for some reason unbenounced to me they baptize you when you're a baby in that reign . Still don't understand that , I mean Jesus wasn't baptized till he was much older and could understand what was going on, so why do it to a baby? but live and let live i guess. Then when I was 11 I was baptized again this time into the baptist reign . Why you ask , well maybe because I was looking for something I wasn't getting at home at the time or it maybe it was out of spite of my mom or even just something to do but whatever the reason i still not really know.Then I did it again when i was 22 this mormon, why mormon you ask ; this one I have an answer for . I was dating a guy how was mormon and we planned to marry in the church,in order to do this i had to be mormon. Then he cheated on me and I was stuck being mormon . 

Now I am 34 (in 7 day) and the lord wants me to do this act of faith one more time . To be honest with you I am scared. I have never really done this just for myself , or to please god but he has done a lot for me this last year so maybe it will be ok. Still don't make me any less scared. I don't want to do it in less I really me, just going to have to do a lot of praying on this.


Prayer:

    (Do this on your own.)

I would like to hear what part of today passage spoke to you so feel 

free to leave comments. Also leave comments on what you think 

about this blog and may god be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment